Give up on a dream, or float away on a fantasy?
No, keep your feet firmly planted in reality and stand tall.
Eyes above the clouds just as a reminder, as to what your dreams are !
Rome E. Rome
The past couple of days have been a complete whirlwind for me. It’s funny how life can take such a drastic turn in such a short amount of time. As we all know by now life is filled with ups and downs and somethings are beyond our control. I’m the first to admit I’m truly amazed by some of the recent events in my life. Like I share with you on my social media platforms, my life may seem glamorous and amazing at times because of the opportunities I’m afforded but I am just like anyone else. I have day’s when I can’t catch a break and I just want to scream and pull my hair out. Or day’s when life’s struggles get the best of me and I shed a few tears. Lately I’ve had a few dealings with a different type of life experience, trouble. Life has a funny little way of sneaking up on you and before you know it you’re in consumed by it. You’re never fully aware of how much mayhem trouble can bring to your life but sometimes we have to look at trouble from a different perspective and welcome it. It has it’s ways of revealing your weaknesses as well as your strengths. So when I tell you these past couple of days has been a complete eye opener for me I don’t say that lightly.
One thing I’ve come to realize as an adult is somethings are in inevitable. There are seasons in your life that you must go through and there’s no way of avoiding it. Trouble being one of them. For most of us it’s during our high school and college years when were trying to find ourselves. For others it comes much later in life. As adults we will be faced with troubles on many levels. Some life changing while others not so much but trouble nonetheless. Today’s post I want to talk about embracing trouble. Typically we look at trouble negatively, but there is another viewpoint we should examine. I’ve come to know that trouble can bring some of my life’s greatest pleasures and rewards. When we are consumed with fear or grief we can only think of trouble as a means to the end. What I want you to ponder on is how in the face of trouble, you have the opportunity to become better than you were before. Diamonds are make from pressure and glass is shaped and molded in the fire. Pressure and fire are different forms of life’s troubles. Each with different levels of intensity. In my life I’ve dealt with things that I thought would genuinely shatter me. I now realize I preform at my best in times of trouble. I was made in the fire! It didn’t feel great at that exact moment however, it has shaped me into the woman I am today. That’s one of the many reasons why I do what I do. Yes I have a passion for this and I love to share ideas and concepts with other creatives but the things I want to share with world can’t be found in a 5 minute hair or makeup tutorial. It’s much deeper than that for me.
Trouble Can Be A Motivating Factor
Take a cookie for example. When we were children there was always that cookie jar on the kitchen countertop that we wanted but we knew if we reached for that cookie before dinner we would get in trouble. The fear of getting into trouble didn’t eliminate the desire to want the cookie. If anything the desire for the cookie intensified even more knowing that trouble was around the corner if caught. It became a motivating factor. Trouble motivated me not to get caught with my hand in the cookie jar. The irony of that statement…. Fortunate enough for me I never got caught or my mother didn’t care as much as she let on. Nevertheless, I’ve always tired my best to stay out of trouble but it seems as though trouble lately has caught up with me. The difference between now and then is that I’m learning to embrace the troubles as a form of growth and not look at is as a form of opposition. I’m using my troubles as a motivating factor as well as well as a learning tool. You’d be surprised what kind of knowledge your troubles can bring… Below I’m sharing some ways to help you deal with trouble in a healthy way.
Ways Of Dealing With Trouble Effectually:
- Smile! I know this is easier said then done. But in my darkest days me plastering, yes plastering a smile on my face helped change the atmosphere around me and hence it changed my emotional state.
- Be expressive! If you need to scream, scream. If you need to cry, do that also. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to bottle your emotions inside and try to hide them. You are setting yourself up for failure. I am a huge fan of musical therapy. That’s essentially turning on the music and dancing till I’m tired and I’ve danced myself happy again. Twerking heals all…
- Write. For me this helps tremendously. It helps to clear my head and in the times when I’m not able to be expressive it helps to calm my nerves and give me clarity on the situation I’m presented with.
- Address it head on. Most problems have a simple solution and we don’t see that because we are so worried about all the possible outcomes. Tackle the issue like a football player, head down with shoulder pads up.
- Last but not least, prayer! I would not be Chimere without prayer, period. It has gotten me through some dark, dark, days. I should write a book…. Once you tap into the power of prayer your life will never be the same.
In short, the thing I want you to take away is you can’t always control what happens to you but you can control how you react to it. Your reaction plays a pivotal role in the final solution to your problem. Never stop dreaming, believing, or pushing yourself to better then you were yesterday. You never know, the problems your troubles may causes may make room for something beyond you comprehension.
2 and 2 are 4.
4 and 4 are 8.
But what would happen
If the last 4 was late?
And how would it be
If one 2 was me?
Or if the first 4 was you
Divided by 2?