Are you a new pageant queen looking to prepare for your first competition? Maybe you’re even a current title holder looking to get a little extra help for your upcoming pageant. This list of 50 pageant interview questions is perfect.
Let me tell you upfront. This list was made with the Mrs. category in mind because typically we don’t get specific questions.
A Mrs. interview typically focuses our interviews around family, platform, and community service. Depending on which system you compete in will dictate the area of focus.
These pageant interview questions are a great way to prepare for your interview.
Remember, these questions are typically asked in a multitude of ways. A word or two may be changed but ultimately these will be a general baseline for the types of questions you will receive.
Top 50 Pageant Questions You Should Practice
- Does pageantry objectify women?
- What does your year of service consist of?
- How can pageantry impact the community?
- How do you find work-life balance?
- What is the reason you decided to compete?
- If you could host your own television series what would it be about?
- What is positive pageantry?
- If you could meet any celebrity dead or alive who would it be and why?
- Why should we choose you to be the winner?
- Who is your greatest inspiration?
- Tell us your strengths and weaknesses.
- Three things to describe you?
- What is one thing you’ve learned from marriage?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you could be any animal, what animal and why?
- What’s one event in history you would change?
- What community service initiatives do you support?
- Can pageants strengthen a marriage?
- What’s the first thing you will do if you will?
- What makes you unique?
- Tell me about yourself?
- What challenges have you overcome?
- How do you define success?
- What’s the biggest in America today?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What are you most grateful for?
- How will you promote this pageant system?
- Why is your platform vital to you?
- Describe womanhood?
- What will your legacy be?
- How will you use your title?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- How has pageantry impacted your life?
- What is the greatest lesson you learned?
- What would you tell your younger self?
- Can women truly have it all?
- What would change about your life?
- The biggest misconception about you?
- What’s your hidden talent?
- Tell us something not on your paperwork?
- What qualities make up a good titleholder?
- What are you following in the news?
- What’s the biggest misconception about pageantry?
- Do you believe social media is negatively impacting our youth?
- Describe a low period in your life and how you overcome it?
- The most significant piece of advice?
- Are pageant queens born or made?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- If you came with a warning label what would it say and why?
- What are you capable of doing this year that you weren’t able to do last year?
- One word to describe you?
Pageant Interview Tips
Most pageants are won in the interview room. Depending on your pageant system, your interview can be up to 50% of your total score. This is why it’s extremely vital to practice your interview. I like to schedule mock interviews a few months out to help me get into interview mode. If possible record your interview. This has also been extremely helpful for me and many others. We often time think we are sitting correctly or looking relaxed, meanwhile, the video tells a completely different story. TRUST ME, record it and watch.
Another interview tip is to remember your pageant judges are actual people! What do I mean by this? Your judges are often times just as nervous as you are. Focus on making your interview as conversational as possible. There is no wrong or right answer. Try to relax and think of the judges as new friends you’re being introduced to for the first time. You want to charm their socks off and make them love you. Smile, laugh, and have fun.
If you need a bit more pageant-related resources I have a few here on my site. One of my favorite articles is the pageant must have a checklist. Another is my favorite pageant shoes for the stage. Use these pageant interview questions as a resource tool, not a bible. Don’t focus on the question, focus on HOW you answer them.