Did someone say mommy and me fashion? One thing about me, I’m gonna make sure I and my daughters dress alike lol. At least until they get tired of it which I believe in my heart that time is fast approaching.
Every time we take photos together I forget how hard it is to get them to both pay attention, pose, smile, and look in the right direction. I feel like a school teacher directing a school play. It’s harder than these pictures make it look. But we’ve done it before successfully so I always have high hopes.
But I will do anything to have these moments in time captured. They are growing up so fast and soon they will want to take their own pictures without me. Queue the sad music.
Until then, mommy will always be here taking pictures with them or of them.
Previous here on the blog I’ve some mommy and me fashions as well as some wonderful stores to purchase matching outfits from. Here is a list of some of my favorite stores.
Mommy And Me Fashion Websites
My birthday is August 3rd and I wanted to stay low-key as possible this year. Surprising right? I know my birthday week is typically filled with photoshoots, tons of outfits, and festivities to last the entire month. But this year I just wanted to celebrate with a small group of people I love. The best way to do that was to coordinate a dinner. Although it turned into an evening of drinks and dancing, I still thoroughly enjoyed my night.
Let’s start with the dress. Because the plan was to go simple and classy this year I wanted to keep the look easy. I knew I wanted the dress to be a midi length and have some shape. I also knew I wanted it to make me feel soft and feminine. I’ve been told that green is a beautiful color for me so that is what I went with.
This dress from Shein is gorgeous. It is rich in color and feels amazing.
As soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect for dinner. It just screams quite luxury.
I’m a firm believer that you don’t have to spend a ton of money to look well put together or “expensive”. By investing in well-made inexpensive fabrics you can get the same styles for a fraction of the price and still build a capsule wardrobe.
Are you a new pageant queen looking to prepare for your first competition? Maybe you’re even a current title holder looking to get a little extra help for your upcoming pageant. This list of 50 pageant interview questions is perfect.
Let me tell you upfront. This list was made with the Mrs. category in mind because typically we don’t get specific questions.
A Mrs. interview typically focuses our interviews around family, platform, and community service. Depending on which system you compete in will dictate the area of focus.
These pageant interview questions are a great way to prepare for your interview.
Remember, these questions are typically asked in a multitude of ways. A word or two may be changed but ultimately these will be a general baseline for the types of questions you will receive.
Top 50 Pageant Questions You Should Practice
- Does pageantry objectify women?
- What does your year of service consist of?
- How can pageantry impact the community?
- How do you find work-life balance?
- What is the reason you decided to compete?
- If you could host your own television series what would it be about?
- What is positive pageantry?
- If you could meet any celebrity dead or alive who would it be and why?
- Why should we choose you to be the winner?
- Who is your greatest inspiration?
- Tell us your strengths and weaknesses.
- Three things to describe you?
- What is one thing you’ve learned from marriage?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you could be any animal, what animal and why?
- What’s one event in history you would change?
- What community service initiatives do you support?
- Can pageants strengthen a marriage?
- What’s the first thing you will do if you will?
- What makes you unique?
- Tell me about yourself?
- What challenges have you overcome?
- How do you define success?
- What’s the biggest in America today?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What are you most grateful for?
- How will you promote this pageant system?
- Why is your platform vital to you?
- Describe womanhood?
- What will your legacy be?
- How will you use your title?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- How has pageantry impacted your life?
- What is the greatest lesson you learned?
- What would you tell your younger self?
- Can women truly have it all?
- What would change about your life?
- The biggest misconception about you?
- What’s your hidden talent?
- Tell us something not on your paperwork?
- What qualities make up a good titleholder?
- What are you following in the news?
- What’s the biggest misconception about pageantry?
- Do you believe social media is negatively impacting our youth?
- Describe a low period in your life and how you overcome it?
- The most significant piece of advice?
- Are pageant queens born or made?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- If you came with a warning label what would it say and why?
- What are you capable of doing this year that you weren’t able to do last year?
- One word to describe you?
Pageant Interview Tips
Most pageants are won in the interview room. Depending on your pageant system, your interview can be up to 50% of your total score. This is why it’s extremely vital to practice your interview. I like to schedule mock interviews a few months out to help me get into interview mode. If possible record your interview. This has also been extremely helpful for me and many others. We often time think we are sitting correctly or looking relaxed, meanwhile, the video tells a completely different story. TRUST ME, record it and watch.
Another interview tip is to remember your pageant judges are actual people! What do I mean by this? Your judges are often times just as nervous as you are. Focus on making your interview as conversational as possible. There is no wrong or right answer. Try to relax and think of the judges as new friends you’re being introduced to for the first time. You want to charm their socks off and make them love you. Smile, laugh, and have fun.
If you need a bit more pageant-related resources I have a few here on my site. One of my favorite articles is the pageant must have a checklist. Another is my favorite pageant shoes for the stage. Use these pageant interview questions as a resource tool, not a bible. Don’t focus on the question, focus on HOW you answer them.
Hello queens. Are we enjoying this summer heat? I’m staying extra cool because outside costs too much. It seems like every time I step outside I spend $100 and the only thing I have to show for it is a coffee and a pack of gum. Nope, I’ll stay inside.
On those days where I need to step out I have just the dress to look amazing in.
Get into this abstract.
This dress was not only comfortable but eye-catching. Everywhere I went someone asked me where I got this piece from. So hey, I decided to share it with you all as well.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. It’s less than $20.
I’m telling you now, grab it here before it’s gone. That’s it sis, that’s the post.